Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unit 4: Mind Body Spirit

Loving-Kindness          
I found the Loving-Kindness exercise to be difficult. I had a hard time focusing, especially on the part when it talked about suffering. Taking in someone’s suffering and breathing out health, happiness and loving-kindness was very difficult and interesting to me. I look forward to listening to this exercise again and really trying to focus more and let go off all the distractions in my life. I would definitely recommend this to others. I think the next time I listen to this I will let me family listen to it as well. I am sure it would be beneficial to each of us.
Mental Workout                                                 
Our mind is capable of limitless development and it is important to train our minds. When we train our minds our inner development allows and encourages our minds to go further than we ever thought we could. If we train our minds properly we can undergo permanent change and our mind can go from ordinary to exceptional. When we implement this in our personal lives by exercising for as little as one hour a day we begin to experience a flourishing of our health and life from the onset of our inner practice. By starting off with 5-15 minutes of quieting our minds we will be more comfortable with it and work our way up to an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment