Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal well-being), where do you rate your physical well-being, spiritual well-being, and psychological well-being.
A) Physical well-being: 8. I fell that my physical well-bring is good but I want to continue to strive to do better. I exercise five days a week for an hour to an hour and a half. My daily exercise includes either walking briskly on the treadmill for an hour, walking four miles in my neighborhood with a friend, or going to a body-sculpting class on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I am obsessed with going to spin/cycle class. My BMI is good, but I would like to lose about ten pounds to feel completely satisfied with myself. I try to buy all organic foods, as well as grass fed lean meats, non-gmo, minimally processed and artificially free foods. I meal plan weekly for my family and try to incorporate as many fruits and vegetables into our meals as possible. One thing that I would like to try is to go on a juice fast. I love the documentary “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” by Joe Cross and would like to get a juicer soon to get myself in to optimal health.
B) Spiritual well-being: 8. My spiritual well-being is one of the biggest things that sustains me, without it I would be nothing. I chose to rate myself at an 8 because I feel like there is more room for growth in this area. I believe in God and have a personal relationship with Him and know that my life is in His hands. I do have trouble placing my worries, cares and fears at His feet and leaving them there. This is one thing that I would like to overcome and I know that through Him I can do all things. I would also like to be better about setting aside quiet time with Him. I need to be more intentional about waking up an hour or so before I wake up my kids to have my personal quiet time and pray and meditate on my day. I have a “Jesus Calling” devotional that I try to read every day as well as a daily devotions that I receive via email like Proverbs 31 ministries and Girlfriends in God. I love that they take scripture and make it very applicable to my life.
C) Psychological well-being: 6.This is one area that I would say that I struggle with immensely. I am so grateful to be in this class to learn ways to cope and deal with my emotions. I had a very complicated childhood growing up and continue to deal with the repercussions of it. I have also experienced the loss of several loved ones including my dad who passed away three years ago. Because of experiencing so many losses throughout the years I constantly deal with the fear of death and dying on a daily basis. Let me just tell you that this is so personal and raw and I really cannot believe I am sharing this with all of you but I want to get better and don’t want to have to rely on drugs to pull me through it. I am so grateful that I have my faith, and like I said above I would be nothing without it. I have to come to a place in my life where I stop focusing on the what if’s and start living without stress. I feel stress on a daily basis and school only escalates it. I feel very guilty that I am even going back to school because I feel that it is taking away from my kids and that I can’t give them everything they need from me. Going back to school has always been something that I have always wanted to do but I personally wanted to wait until all of my kids where in school and then focus on me. However, due to much pressure from my older brother and knowing that my deceased father would be so proud, here I am. I have such a passion for health and wellness and know that there is a purpose and reason why I am here but I need to find better coping strategies to help maintain my stress level, fears, worries, doubts and guilt. I know that taking this class will help me find what I need to cope and I can’t wait until the day that I learn to cope with all of my anxieties. I know that there is an end in sight with maintaining my degree and cannot wait for August 2013 to get here.
No comments:
Post a Comment