Compare and contrast the Loving Kindness exercise and the subtle mind exercise. Explain your experience including the benefits, frustrations etc.
The Subtle mind exercise was so much more calming and relaxing to me than the Loving Kindness exercise. One reason that I enjoyed it so much is that I could just listen to the waves crashing and focus on my breathing rather than listen to someone guiding me and giving me instructions. I felt like I was able to transform my clinging thoughts to a witnessing and calming mind. Releasing my mind was exactly what I needed to do and I really felt free and relaxed. There were no racing thoughts running through my head and I was able to be still, calm, relaxed and free.
Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal life.
Our mind, body and spirit are all interconnected and it is important for us to take care of each of them to achieve and maintain optimal wellness. If we do not have spiritual wellness it is hard for us to achieve mental wellness, and if we do not have mental wellness than we cannot achieve physical wellness. In my own personal life if my spiritual life is not good then my mental and physical wellness will suffer.
Hello Tiffany
ReplyDeleteI think we all need to find a balance regardless what it is. I find if I do not exercise. I feel like something is miss from my day. The whole day seem to be a bit off. Some times if I do not get the time to prayer. I can do it sometime during the day. It will not feel the same but I just want to know to my self that it was done.
Maria