I loved the analogy that our minds being like waterfalls but after much practice in training and calming our minds we go through different stages and end up like the stillness of the ocean. Just hearing those words brought a sense of calm to me. As I began this exercise and had to think of someone I immediately thought of my dad. He passed away three years ago at the young age of 57 from a massive heart attack. It was very calming to me to think of him for this exercise and visualize that he was right here with me. I want nothing more than to have him here with me everyday. I miss my dad so much and loved observing him and purifying my thought of him. I was able to transform my thoughts and welcome him into my heart which was so interesting and very fulfilling. I know everyday that my dad is with me but this helped me feel connected to him on a deeper level.
"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself."
This saying helps people understand that if they are going to lead someone they need to have experienced what they are about to put that person through. When someone wants to learn about health and wellness they don't want to listen to someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about or who isn't in good physical shape and in good health. It is important to practice what we preach so that we can show others first hand how important it is to take care of ourselves.
Hello Tiffany,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you were able to find that comfort and release while focusing on your father. I placed my focus on God, but I could not still my mind enough to find the release we were supposed to find. I find that any visualizing is too much for my already busy mind. I do best when I get into a quiet place and focus on my breath or if I just sit at my piano and play for a while. In fact, I find that my time at the piano is the greatest release for me and if I am extremely stressed, that is when I end up releasing the most and a new song is born. I believe that it is very important for us to develop a strong health psychologically, physically and spiritually if we are to help a client reach their freedom. We can't help someone if we ourselves can't focus.