Monday, December 10, 2012

My favorite exercises.....

The two exercises that have been the most beneficial to me were the visualization exercises “The Subtle Mind” and “The Taste of Human Flourishing.” Both of these exercises allowed my mind to be calm, freed, relaxed, and come to a place of happiness, wholeness, and health. I am determined to implement these practices into my personal life and practice and foster my mental fitness. This class has opened my eyes to a whole new way of healing, health, and well-being. I am going to try to practice at least one of these visualization exercises each week by making time in my schedule to make sure that it happens. One thing that I would like to do is practice these exercise with my husband. I also would like to pass these helpful exercises onto my children. I believe that using these helpful exercises at an early age our children can really learn and grow and also develop integral health at a young age.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. We have something in common. I chose visualization also. I too, would like to pass this on to my daughters. I have two. They are in the same grade, but are not twins. They have problems at school sometimes, which makes them mentally strained. so, this techniques may help them calm down and deal with nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class has been one of my favorite classes so far in all my studies at Kaplan. I have found that the meditation and visualization have been the most beneficial in my mental advancement. Allowing your mind to become free from external stimulus and quieted was one of the hardest tasks for me to accomplish. Practicing positive mental health affects everyone in my household. My children have noticed such a difference in my attitude since enrolling in this class.

    ReplyDelete