The Journey On Relaxation was a great exercise. I am in desperate need of some relaxation and I couldn't wait to start this exercise. I have been experiencing some major stress over the past few weeks which has resulted in muscle tension in my upper back and neck and this exercise was just what I needed. I was amazed at the warmth and heaviness that I felt in my arms as I listened to the calming voice instructing me to allow the blood to flow from my stomach up into my shoulders and arms. I never have thought that I could control the blood flow in my body with my mind but I am a believer after completing this exercise. I feel very refreshed, energized and relaxed and am so happy that I was able to release some of the stress and tension that has been building up over the past few weeks.
Tiffany, I was too in desperate need of some positive stress relief. I also found that it was totally relaxing, if fact I feel asleep twice during the exercise. The third time I listened to the whole thing as also felt very calm and relaxed. I'm glad to hear that it also worked for you.
ReplyDeleteRachel:)
Welcome to a brand new world. These mini-vacations can help you get through tough times and are convenient to do at work, play and during stress events. I reply memorized visualations while driving, on a break or even while I am doing work to help me relax.
ReplyDeleteI have taken the HW410: Stress: Critical Issues in Management and Prevention course and if you like this relaxation technique I recommend that class. It had a lot of exercises like this one all throughout the unit assignments and the class explains how to recognize and relieve stress. I agree with you though, the realization that all we have to do is suggest the movement of blood flow to various parts of our body was amazing. I never knew that we had that kind of power over our body system that normally functions automatically. To be honest I listened to the technique a few times and become completely relaxed. :)
ReplyDelete